Saturday, April 18, 2009

I hate being a pirate!

My roommate, Shandy, uses the word "pirate" to describe being an adult and what comes with being an adult. Today it is very fitting for me.

Last Thursday I was feeling really sick at work and went to go home early and my car didn't start! I ended up having to get it towed to my mechanic (aka my wonderful coworker, her husband's truck and a chain). They said the wires in the starter needed to be tightened or something. It worked really well until last night when I didn't start again. :( So, I had to get it towed (real tow truck this time) to my mechanic and get a new started. It ended up costing me a grand total of $300! Ouch. This hurt me in other ways too. I am super homesick right now and want to go home, so I was planning on purchasing my tickets on Monday, but I just spend all the money I would on the tickets! So, I don't know what to do now. To make matters worse, I know it would have only cost $30 and a hug if I were home and my dad would have fixed it. Guh I hate being a pirate!

On a positive note, I have noticed some tender mercies through this whole ordeal. This week has been a really tough one for me emotionally. Normally I totally okay being single, etc. but this just wasn't one of those weeks. I felt lonely all week and have had a hard time feeling peace. Today I realized that the Lord is showing me His love through this frustrating experience. First, my car died last night and not this morning so I could plan my day better. I had practice for our Women at the Well fireside we're putting on tomorrow. Afterward I was going to go babysit for a coworker. Then right after that, go to a movie premier with and for some friends of mine. Needless to say, busy day! So, I was able to go to some of my practice this morning and then left early with a friend (she needed to go anyway so it was perfect), so I could meet the tow-truck guy. My car was fixed by about 1 and I was able to go babysitting. Second tender mercy was that it happened on a Saturday, even though busy, in which I could adjust my plans, and not a week day where I would be super stressed because I would need to be at work. The only thing I need to figure out now is what to do with the plane tickets. Is the Lord telling me I shouldn't go home or is this a trial to see how badly I want to go home and what I'm willing to sacrifice for it?

I hate being a pirate, but I'm glad the Lord is willing to help me through the process.

No comments: