Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blog Make-over

Since Saturday I have given this blog business a lot of thought. I have friends who use their blogs to vent frustrations, spew random thoughts they are having, or giving updates on their life and family. I used my blog kind of as a journaling technique and to give updates on my life to close friends (hence the closed blog). When I created my profile on Mormon.org on Saturday, I decided that I want to go in a different direction with these blog posts. I don't post very often as it is, so I will probably continue with that trend, but I decided that I want them to be more rich. I want my blog to be more of a spiritual resource and a way to share my feelings about the gospel and the blessings I have as a result of it; to share experiences I am having in life and what I am learning from them so they can possibly help others who may be going through the same thing. I don't read anyone else's blogs much (sorry friends!), but I know others do, so maybe what I have to say will be beneficial to someone someday. Therefore, I am braving the world of open-bloggedness (not a word, I get that, but it works...). Brace yourselves....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea! I should do that too. I love the temple up on your blog, now.

But I still want to spew my random thoughts on my blog, or they'll just bounce around in there (meaning my head) forever!

So maybe I will create yet another blog and make it more spiritually based.

PS - I posted "You Are My Sunshine" on my blog. ;-)

Britt said...

I think it's a good idea for you to spew your random thoughts onto your blog. It is fitting for you. You are an English major for crying out loud. :)

Just so you know, when you create a profile on Mormon.org, it gives you an option to put it on your profile, so if you notice, you can click on the temple and it takes you to Mormon.org. Isn't that rad?!!? I fully support you starting said blog. :)

I love us. That's all.